Using Grenadine messages merge fields
Merge fields allow you to send a message to many people with the same layouts but personalized for each recipient.
Note: Unlike regular mailing systems, in Grenadine message makes each recipient of the message the sole recipient.
To access merge fields, go to Home, “Your event”, Messages, Emails. Click on “Compose a new mail” button and
List of merge fields
Here is the list of available fields (this list will grow in a near future):
- Person’s first name
- Person’s last name
- Person’s published first name – you can set this information under Home, “Your event”, People, Edit a person.
- Person’s published last name – you can set this information under Home, “Your event”, People, Edit a person.
- Person’s survey authentication code (required if survey requires authentication). Find more infos about surveys here.
- Person’s speaking schedule.
- Persns’s speaking schedule with emails of co-participants
How to use them
Simply write down your message and insert a merge field by clicking on the “Insert Grenadine email merge field” and selecting the field you want to use.
“Dear <%= args[:person].first_name %>,
Please find your speaking schedule below:
<%= assignments_to_html(args[:assignments]) %>