Congratulations on setting up your Grenadine Event Planner account! With your new account, you’ll be able to start planning events right away. Depending on the options you’ve chosen during signup, you’ll also be able to start selling event tickets and take registrations, publish an event website, and publish an event mobile app!
Here are a few first steps to set up Grenadine Event Planner to work for you:
Configure a few general settings
- Go to Settings -> System Settings (accessible from the top right of the screen) and run down the series of system-wide options to make sure that they match the setup that you need. In particular, check the following:
- Go to Email Addresses and check that the Info Email, Reply-to Email, and test email are correctly set to addresses that make sense for you. You can put any address that you own in here. If you want to change the “From Email”, you’ll need to contact Grenadine because there is a setup required to authorize us to send email on your behalf, but all other addresses can be set as you wish. Here’s a blog post that explains custom email addresses in detail: Configure Grenadine Event Planner to send emails from your own domain.
- If you will be selling tickets, go to Payment Processing and link your Stripe.com payment account. This is required so that we can deposit funds directly in your account every time a ticket is sold. If you are an enterprise customer, you can also elect to use alternate payment processors such as Moneris (in Canada) and Paysafe. Just contact us if you need help with these.
- Now that you’ve got your payment account set up, let’s make sure your currency is the right one. Go to the Finance menu and make sure that the default currency is set to your preferred currency (CAD, USD, GBP, etc.). This is the currency that will be used to count your income and expenses, and also the currency that will be used to sell your tickets. Note that you can choose any currency here, but we recommend that you choose from one of the currencies that’s supported by your payment provider.
Create your first event
Once your general setup is done, you can now go to the main Dashboard by clicking on the Grenadine Event Planner logo on top left of your screen (the circular “Grenadine fruit” logo). From here, go ahead and create your first event.
To create your first event:
- Click on the “+Add” button and fill in the required information to create your first event. Then, click on your event name from the screen and start planning your event. This includes:
- Going to Venues and adding at least one venue to your system. A venue is a place where your event will take place, like a hotel, convention center, etc. You can add the first venue that you will use for your event here. For each venue that you add, make sure that you add at least one Room. Venues and rooms are required to schedule calendar items for your event.We recommend adding a physical street address to your venue, so that it will be displayed on a Google map when you publish your information
With those initial steps completed, you’re all set to begin planning your event!
Follow the getting started guide
You’ve now done the essentials, and you can get on with planning your event. You’ll see that your event planner provides a short on-screen guide that you can use as a memory helper, to make sure you don’t forget any other essential step. As you progress in your planning activities, the activities will get “checked”. Once you’re done, or you’ve had enough of the guide, simply dismiss it and go on as usual.
Happy event planning!