The Grenadine team is pleased to announce the release of the following changes in the last few weeks.
Updates to Grenadine Event Guide (iPhone & Android versions)
We put a lot of effort on the Grenadine Event Guide mobile application. We now support login to the application using your favorites social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin and Yahoo). You can still create and use a traditional email login if you prefer.
We’ve also made many improvements under the hood to improve the reliability and performance of the app.
Private & unlisted events (New!)
As an event organizer, you probably manage all kinds of events. Some events are public and need to be seen and accessed by the largest audience possible. Some may be totally private, locked down and not seen by anyone except invited participants or VIPs. And some may be in between, meaning that they’re not meant for the entire world, but they require less visibility and you don’t want them all over Google and other search engines.
To answer these needs we just added a new feature in Grenadine. You can now control the visibility of your events. We added a new event visibility attribute (in the Event properties dialogue box) that you can set as follow:
- Public (everyone can see and register for this event)
- Unlisted (only those who have the event link can view/register)
- Private (only accessible to registered users)
If you want to know more on private & unlisted events please read our post on our web site on this subject.
Private meetings (New!)
You can now organize “Private meetings” during your events. Those meetings will not appear on the public program page (website and mobile apps) but only under “My schedule” page for those who are assigned to them. Someone assigned to a private meeting is able to see other attendees assigned to the same meeting. No one else except the event organizer is able to access private meetings.
To create a private meeting you have to use the new “Visibility” field accessible on the Edit program item screen.
If you want to know more on private meetings please read our post on our web site on this subject.
Send mass emails from the People page (New!)
You are now able to send emails directly from the People page! Just go on the page (Home → People), select one or more persons in the grid and click on the new “Email” button. You will be able to build and message and even reuse a previously sent message. This is our first delivery, we have a lot of ideas on how to improve this feature in our next releases. Stay tuned!
New ticket order notification (New!)
We created a new email notification that will let you know every time a registration order is placed on your event website. Notifications are sent to the organization email address that can be change in the “Email addresses” configuration page under “Home → Settings → System Settings”.
A new set of servers has been added in Europe (western France) and we have implemented geographic load balancing so that users will get served by the Grenadine servers closest to them. We’ve also enabled backup server balancing between Europe and North-America servers for improved fault-tolerance.
New settings options
We added the following options in the settings to better customize the event web sites:
- A new event setting option allows you to make the “Organization” field during the registration checkout process. You can access this option under “Home → Event Settings → Registration Checkout Options”.
- A new event setting allows you to set the default country during the registration checkout process. You can access this option under “Home → Event Settings → Registration Checkout Options”.
- A new event setting option allows you to display the list of sub-items list in the program card (Event sites → Schedule). You can access this option under “Home → Event Settings → Sites UI”.
- A new event setting option allows you to select the user interface languages you want to enable on the event web sites. You can access this option under “Home → Event Settings → Sites UI”.
Additional minor improvements
- Some notification emails formatting has been improved for better reading (Site account creation, Ticketless signup,…)
- During the registration checkout process, we now display or hide the “State” based on the selected country (“Registration Contact Details” section).
- You can now view the coupons used during tickets orders on the “Ticket sold” screen (Event Planner → Event Home → Tickets → Tickets Sold). The coupons are also included in the Excel extracts and in the Tickets reports.
- We added two new reports: People schedule, and People schedule (simplified)
Don’t hesitate to contact us (using the “Contact Us” form on our web site or by sending an email to email@example.com)